I am happy to take on most commissions. Often clients love previous work I have done and will ask me to create a piece using inspiration from one of these, or from a theme which I commonly work with, such as storms, sky, ocean, landscape with abstract expression. To give you an idea of what my conditions are when undertaking a commission:
- · I cannot replicate any of my previous works but happy to know which pieces do resonate with you most and why (if possible). The commissioned piece will be unique, however I will work using a similar style and color palette.
- · There is no obligation to buy the commissioned piece if you are not 100% happy with it. I don't believe in selling art to someone who is not totally in love with it!
- · I charge the same price for a commission as I do for the sale price of a completed work and I do not ask for a deposit upfront. You pay at the end on completion, when you are 100% happy. That way I will be happy to sell it!
- · Commissioned work, by nature, takes longer to create and therefore completion time would be 4 - 6 weeks.
- · For commissioned work that is 2 pieces or more, I would ask for a 10% deposit upfront prior to commencing, to cover my costs. This would be non-refundable.
If you are interested in me doing a commission for you, please let me know which piece you like, and what you like most about it. I would also need the size and an idea of what type of space you plan to hang it? Here is an example of a commissioned work. The piece below is the original, titled 'Softly Whispering', which was a 16 x 20 inch canvas,
The commissioned piece inspired from 'Softly Whispering' was titled 'Out of Reach', as seen below, and this was created into a 40 x 60 inch canvas,